Cancellation of Information about a Foreigner’s Reported Place of Residence

If you provide accommodation to foreigners, in justified cases you have a right to file for cancellation of information about their reported place of residence.

Foreigners residing in the Czech Republic are legally obliged to report a change of residence. Upon reporting a new address, foreigners are automatically deregistered from the old one. In these circumstances the landlord of the foreigner does not deregister him.

Under what conditions can you file for cancellation?

  • You can file for cancellation if you own the property or you are authorised to use it.
  • The foreigners’ right to use the property has ceased to exist and, at the same time, they no longer use it or part thereof.
  • You must provide reasons for the filing.

When can I apply?

If the lease relationship you had with the foreigner has expired and the foreigner has moved out, but you have information that the foreigner has not fulfilled the obligation to notify the change of address (e.g. the foreigner receives mail at your address), you can submit a proposal to the Ministry of the Interior to revoke the information about the foreigner’s registered place of residence.

How to file for cancellation?

  1. Fill in a corresponding form.
  2. File the form in person, send it by post, Data Box or by e-mail with an advanced electronic signature. You can use the Ministry of the Interior’s Mail Room for the filing, or you can submit the form at a Department of Asylum and Migration Policy office according to the address of the property where accommodation was provided.
  3. Upon filing, you must pay an administrative fee of 100 CZK per person in the form of stamps. Attach the stamps to the filing. If you send the filing by Data Box, you will be prompted to pay the administrative fee via a bank transfer.

How do you find out who is reported to reside in your property?

If, as accommodation provider, you are not sure who has reported the property you own or use as their place of residence, you can request a list of such persons from the Ministry of the Interior. You can apply in any form (there is no application form for this purpose). You can submit the request in person, send it by post, Data Box or by e-mail with an advanced electronic signature.

The preferred form of submitting of a request for an extract of registered persons is by remote submission (i.e. by post, data box or e-mail with a advanced electronic signature).

This listing of persons is provided free of charge (there is not any administrative fee).

How does the Ministry of the Interior proceed?

The filing will be processed in administrative proceedings. The accommodation providers and the affected citizens are parties to the proceedings. The decision on the filing will be subsequently served to the accommodation providers as well as the affected citizens.

In the case of persons with a long-term visa or a long-term residence permit (including, for example, employee and blue cards), filing for cancellation of information about a reported place of residence is a reason for revocation of the residence permit.

In such a case, the accommodation provider will be informed about the termination of the application for cancellation of the information on the place of registered residence and the foreigner will be de-registered from his/her property in the subsequent administrative procedure.