Registration after Arrival
LONG-TERM & PERMANENT RESIDENCE
As third countries citizens, you must get registered within 3 working days from the day you arrived in the Czech Republic, that is report your place of residence in the Czech Republic to the corresponding Department of Foreign Police.
In order to get registered you will need:
- Travel document
- Registration form (available at the Police Department)
- Proof of travel medical insurance
Learn more information about the registration of residence at the Department of Foreign Police.
You do not need to get registered if you:
- have met this requirement at the accommodation (e.g. you are staying at a hotel, dormitory or another accommodation establishment),
- you are under 15 years of age,
- you are a staff member of a foreign country’s diplomatic mission or an international government organisation accredited in the Czech Republic (this also applies to your family members who are registered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs), or
- you are a third country citizen and the Ministry of the Interior provides you with accommodation.