Document Proving Family Relationship
It is necessary to provide a document proving family relationship when applying for:
- a long-term visa for family purposes,
- a long-term residence permit for the purpose of family reunification,
- a permanent residence permit for the purpose of family reunification,
- a temporary or a permanent residence permit of an EU citizen’s family member.
A document proving family relationship may be, for example:
- a birth certificate,
- a marriage certificate,
- a proof of being unprovided for,
- a guardianship document.
In some cases, it is also possible to provide:
- a document proving the foreigner’s solitariness,
- a document proving the foreigner’s state of health.
Register office documents (e.g. a birth, marriage, divorce certificate) must be provided in their original versions.