Proof of Accommodation

Subject to exceptions, you must provide a proof of accommodation when applying for any type of long-term visas, long-term residence permits and permanent residence permits.

The accommodation property must be marked with a street number or an evidence number (in Czech “evidenční číslo”), or, if applicable, with an orientation number (in Czech “orientační číslo”), and also, under the construction law, it must be intended for residential living, accommodation or holiday accommodation purposes.

There are several types of proofs of accommodation:

Flat or house ownership document

  • An extract from an open online Land Registry database or a statement of ownership of the given property based on which the Ministry of the Interior will be able to verify the ownership of the property.
  • If it is not possible to verify the ownership based on these documents, the Ministry can request an original or a certified copy of an extract from the Land Registry, or a purchase contract including a clause about the registration of the transfer of ownership in the Land Registry.
  • If you are a part owner of the property or you own the property jointly with your spouse, the other part owners’ or your spouse’s consent is not necessary.
  • If the property is owned only by your husband and you live jointly (you have a common household) in this property, you do not need your husband’s confirmation about his consent to your accommodation. This applies to your minor children as well.

Lease or sublease agreement (an authorisation to use the flat /house)

  • An original or a certified copy of a valid lease agreement, sublease agreement, accommodation agreement or an agreement with similar content.
    • If you provide a definite agreement that is no longer valid, you must also provide a current annexe that extends it to the original agreement.
    • Certified signatures are not required on contracts signed by both parties.
    • We recommend that you always provide certified copies as the document will be placed on file.
  • If you provide a sublease agreement closed between you and the tenants of the flat, you must also provide a lease agreement closed between the owners of the property and the tenants or other evidence of this link (e.g., the tenant’s authorization by the property owner to sublease the property). It is not necessary, however, to provide the owners’ consent to the closing of the sublease agreement.
  • If the document proving the link between the property owner and the accommodation provider is, for example, a power of attorney or the consent of the cooperative, this document must bear the certified signature of the property owner or the chairman or vice-chairman of the cooperative.
  • If you provide a lease agreement in which you are not the tenants but you are stated in it as members of the tenant’s household, you do not need a separate owner’s consent to your accommodation in the given flat.
  • If you provide an agreement in which the tenant is your husband or your parent (in the case of minors under 15 years of age), you do not need any additional documents or confirmations of the husband’s, parent’s or owner’s consent.
  • If you rent the property jointly with other tenants, you do not need the other tenants’ consent.

Confirmation of accommodation (form)

  • An owner’s or flat’s authorised user’s written consent must bear a certified signature unless it is signed before an employee of the Department of Asylum and Migration Policy of the Ministry of the Interior.
    • It does not apply to applications for a registration certificate of an EU citizen or applications for a temporary residence permit of an EU citizen’s family member or electronic filings (more information below).
  • An authorisation to use a flat or a house must be always signed by the owner shown in an open online Land Registry database.
    • If the property is owned by part owners, jointly by spouses or is jointly rented, it is sufficient to provide the consent of one of the part owners, spouses or tenants.
    • If the property is owned by a legal entity (e.g. a trading company or a cooperative), the authorisation must be signed by a person that is authorised or empowered to sign it (e.g. a company’s executive or an agent authorised by a general power of attorney).
      • In the case of a confirmation of accommodation, the signature must be certified even if the confirmation bears the legal entity’s stamp.
  • If the providers of your accommodation are not its owners, but only, for example, tenants or other authorised users of the property, it is necessary to provide together with the proof of accommodation a document proving the link between the owner and the accommodation provider (e.g. a lease agreement closed between the property’s owners and the tenants, a general power of attorney or the consent of the cooperative).
  • If the confirmation of accommodation is signed by the accommodation provider / other person under a power of attorney, such power of attorney must be documented in the proceedings and the signature of the owner or authorised user of the flat or house on such power of attorney must be officially certified.
  • Confirmation of accommodation (natural person)
  • Confirmation of accommodation (legal person, school)

Electronic confirmation of accommodation

An electronic confirmation of accommodation can be sent via:

  • An electronic mail room (e-mail):
    • The e-mail address of the Ministry of the Interior’s Mail Room is
    • In such case, the confirmation of accommodation must be signed by an authorised person with an advanced electronic signature.
  • Data Box:
    • The confirmation must be sent directly by the accommodation provider. The document does not need to bear an electronic signature.

If an application is filed at a Czech Republic’s diplomatic mission abroad, it is not possible to provide this confirmation electronically, only in a physical form.

1Paragraph 2, Section 107 of Act No 326/1999 Coll.