Czech Language Exam Certificate
A Czech exam certificate is a required document if you want to apply for a third country citizen’s permanent residence permit after 5 years of continuous residence in the Czech Republic.
EXEMPTIONS FROM THE CZECH LANGUAGE EXAM REQUIREMENT
- The certificate you must provide is the Czech Language Certificate for the Purpose of Acquiring a Permanent Residence Permit in the Czech Republic. This certificate may be older than 180 days.
- There is a fee charged for taking the Czech language exam. Vouchers for the free Czech language exam will no longer be issued from 31 August 2023. Vouchers issued until 30 August 2023 can only be used if the exam is taken by 31 December 2023.
- You can choose the date and place of the sitting.
- You do not need to take the exam if you meet one of the exemptions.
- The exam’s form and formal requirements are governed by the Government Regulation on proving the knowledge of the Czech language for the purpose of acquiring a permanent residence permit (Government Regulation No. 31/2016 Sb.)
For more information please see the official website for the Czech language exam for permanent residence.