Registration upon your Arrival in the Czech Republic

EU citizens

EU citizens’ family members

If you are going to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 30 days, you must get registered within 30 working days from the day you arrived in the country, i.e. report your place of residence in the Czech Republic to a corresponding Department of Foreign Police.

In order to get registered you will need:

  • Travel document.
  • Registration form (available at the police department).

Learn more information about the registration of residence at the Department of Foreign Police.

You do not need to get registered if you:

  • have met this requirement at the accommodation (e.g. you are staying at a hotel, dormitory or another accommodation establishment),
  • you are under 15 years of age, or
  • you are a staff member of a foreign country’s diplomatic mission or an international government organisation accredited in the Czech Republic (this also applies to your family members who are registered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).