Entering into Marriage between a Czech National and a Foreign National within the Czech Republic

Citizens of the Czech Republic may enter into marriage with foreign nationals through a civil or religious marriage. A marriage is contracted by the free and complete consent of the man and the woman who intend to enter into marriage (the fiancés), declaring that they are entering into marriage. A joint declaration of consent is made publicly during a wedding ceremony in the presence of two witnesses.

If you are submitting documents, which were issued by courts or authorities abroad, use this link to ascertain what you need Legalization of documents issued abroad.

If you are a third-country national, before entering marriage you have to submit a written certificate issued by the Police of the Czech Republic, which confirms the legality of your stay in the Czech Republic. This certificate must not be later than 7 working days before the date of the marriage.