Employment Permission from the Labour Office

If you are a third-country national and you have a residence permit, but nevertheless according to the Employment Law, you have no free access to the labour market, you can work only if you are granted an employment permit from the Labour Office.

An employment permit is non-transferrable. It means, that it is issued only for a particular working position with a particular employer.

You can apply for an Employment Permit, in writing, at a County Labour Office branch, applicable to the district where you will be working. If you apply for the Employment Permit before your entry into the Czech Republic, your future employer may apply on your behalf. In due course, another authorized representative can apply on your behalf, if that person has the power of attorney.

The administrative fee charged for filing the application is CZK 500.

For more information, see the website of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs.