Document Similar to an Extract from the Penal Register Record

If you apply for a residence permit in the Czech Republic or for an extension of its validity, you are in many cases required to submit a document similar to an extract from the Penal Register record (proof of good repute) issued by the country of which you are a citizen.

In some cases, you may also be asked to provide proof of good repute issued by other countries where you have resided for a total of six months in the three years preceding your application.

The document is not an extract from the Czech Penal Register record. The Ministry of the Interior is entitled to obtain this document for the purpose of administrative proceedings on its own.

In case that the given country does not issue such a document, you can substitute it with a declaration.

You can also request an extract from the Penal Register record with the attachment of records from the EU Member States. You can find more information in this respect on the Ministry of Justice website. You can be issued this document if:

  • you are a citizen of another EU Member State;
  • you used to have or you have residence in another EU Member State or you used to be a citizen of another EU Member State.