Obligations of Educational Institutions

Regarding foreign students who are third-country nationals, Czech universities and colleges are obliged to the Ministry of the Interior, to undertake the following:

  • to immediately inform in writing the names of students, who do not begin, or who interrupt or finish their studies, if they have a long-term visa for the purpose of studies or a long-term residence permit for the purpose of studies.
    • This also applies to students, who have a temporary stay in the territory without a visa issuance, because they have a visa for a stay longer than 90 days or a long-term residence permit issued by another EU member state for the purpose of study under an EU-funded study programme, or under a multi-beneficiary programme which includes mobility aspects, or under another agreement between a university in another EU member state and a university in the Czech Republic.
  • to issue and provide the foreigner with a document certifying his/her successful completion of his/her education for the purpose of applying for a different residence permit.

If the school provides the student also with accommodation, the duties of accommodation providers apply, too.